My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Raymond Lee Rye- RIP

My younger brother,Raymond Lee Rye, passed away shortly after midnight on April 21, 2007, in Eau Claire,Wisconsin where he lived with his devoted wife, Sandy, his children and grandchildren. Ray turned 75 on March 21st.
Ray was not a stranger to hardship and suffering. He had many brushes with sickness and death during his lifetime. On September 22, 2006, the doctors were ready to stop his defibrilator which was keeping him alive, but lo and behold he started eating and forcing himself to walk a few more steps each time. At this time he was in a HOSPICE facility but by his faith in the power of the prayers that were being offered up on his behalf and the loving support of Sandy and his beautiful family he was able to recovery enough to enjoy thanksgiving dinner at his home surrounded by his loved ones.
I have written about Ray and his miraculous and valiant fight several times on this blog. When Sandy forwards an obituary to me I will share it with you.
I flew to Omaha,rented a car and drove to Luverne, Mn. where I stayed with my gracious neice,Carol Nelson Ehde and Art.I drove through a rain storm from Sioux City to Sioux Falls which is a nice experienc for one from Arizona.
I was bowled over at the door by Carol And Art's grandson, Carson, who is the best hugger of all. Carson's father, Scott, had injured his hand and was there also.
I traveled to Eau Claire with Carol and Art in their 2003 Chevy 3/4 ton crew cab which is roomier that a car and a very comfortable ride.
I flew over on Sunday, we traveled to Eau Claire on Monday and arrived about 6 o'clock in the evening. As Ray would have wanted , we joined in at his son's Stephen's home to celebrate his wife's 40th birthday. Ray and Sandy's four children, Rayond Jr,Barbara, Stephen and Jeffery were present as well as many grandchidren who I can not enunerate.
From Renner came, Helen, Diane and Lorraine. From Gillette, Whyoming came Gary who played taps at the graveside service on the trumphet that once belonged to my Uncle,Tommy Thompson. Helen picked up Laurie and Dan and Jewell Rockensock drove Viv and Don down from Bermidji . Barabra and her son Todd drove from Mankato and Todd has the coolest beard that I've seen in ages.
The Chapel was filled with the many friends and loved ones.
I am sure that the MASTER said,"well done thou good and faithful sevant,Ray, thou has been faitfull in a few things and I will make you master of many."



Now let us praise famous men, Raymond Lee Rye, REST IN PEACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home