My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Great,great newphew, Todd Nelson


Two years ago this summer I was priviledged to fly to the Twin Cities where I was met by Todd and his father, Dr. Roger Nelson.
Todd furnished the car and driver and we toured Wisconsin and Minnesota visiting relatives in Bemidji, Madison and Rock county. It was a blessing and a joy for me and after we returned to Mankato,Todd's hometown, I bought a bus ticket to Luverne. The more I thought about the bus ride, the more indecisive I became.
So, Todd drove me around Mankato visiting all of the car dealers and at the last moment he took me to a dealer that had this vintage car on sale.
I purchased the car, tore up my bus ticket and drove to Hills to visit relatives;then to Lincoln, Nebraska;then to Loveland, Colorado and finally back to Sun City, Arizona.
It has been a fine set of wheels and I thank Todd and Roger for the joy that they afforded me that summer. Maybe we can do it again sometime.
My son, Dan, Brigid and their daughter, Summer, provided me with a new set of wheels on my birthday and I'm traveling in style.
As the saying goes in Sun City- I've lost much of my eyesite; my motor functions have slowed way down; my hearing is gone; but thank God, I still have my Arizona's driver's license.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

Yes! Thank God you have your AZ driver's license. Keep up all the activities and you will never grow old.

Bernie

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home