My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Sulkies in our lives



Our three year old Angela Ann along with Tam, our beloved tri-color collie ,were participants in the annual turkey day parade in Worthington, Minnesota in 1957.

Five hundred turkies driven down the street followed by hundred of parade floats and bands.

I had built the sulky from two bike front wheel forks and a one piece chrome kitchen chair with broom sticks inserted in the hollow chair ends to form a shaft for Tam to be hitched up. Also,in those days you could find a harness maker to outfit the dog.

I was the debate and drama teacher at the high school and thought it was best to go incognito.

My friends said, Glenn, don't act like a clown. I said, whose acting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home