My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Saturday, October 08, 2005

up,up and away



I flew into Denver from Phoenix(generosity of Dan, Brigid and Summer) and arrived at Dr.Greg's office at noon just in time go to lunch with Greg and his son, Benjamin, who just turned one year old on September 26th. He is one great person as is his brother, Sam, now in first grade. (Liza is their proud Mother!)
Sam called the office and shared with me that at a school assembly on this day he recieved an honored recogniton for work that he has turned in. He was the only student honored as this day.I told him that his scholarly pursuits were placing him in the footsteps of his cousin,Court Rye,( Court created this blog site for me and I am eternally indebted to him. Yet, this morning I had the audacity to wake him before 10'clock on a Saturday morning at CU to troubleshoot and lead this blind blogger onward and upward. Sam also follows in the footsteps of Court's sister, My Granddaughter , an ispirational youth. I glad that I won't have to compete with the likes of them. Randy is the proud father of Court and My Granddaughter .
I joined Randy in Ft.Collins and we went to see the Poudre River irregulars (Dixieland Jazz) and that place was really jumping.
The self depricating group's spokesman put it best when he said; No one every stands so tall as when stoops so low as to help a starving muscian.
Later, Randy's wife, Ellen, joined us and we went to dinner at an Irish Pub where young people were entertaining the audience with Irish folk dances. Whoever said Irish need not apply had it all wrong.
I believe this was a picture taken for the Hope Lutheran Church book in about 1968 and each of them have traveled an exciting and rewarding journey since that day. And to them, one and all, we say, GOD SPEED!

THANKS AGAIN,COURT !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home