My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Uncle Tommy, continued

`I remember Uncle Tommy(when I was young) as the Uncle who left Vallely Springs, S.D.and as the Uncle who no one every talked about very much. I seemed to pick up the impression that he was the black sheep who abandoned our community and roots for the glitter of California I liked him because he gave me a ride in the rumble seat of his 1931 Chyrsler convertible at a familly gathering at the Roy and Ella Savold farm.
I was fortunate to the become reaquainted with him when I was in the Army in California in 1945. Later, in 1947, I accompanied my Mother and Odin Bly to California in his 1940 Dodge convertible where we visited with Tommy and Lillian and left my Mother with him to fend for herself. She took the bus back to Minnesota and gained the courage to take bus trips all over after that experience.
The next meeting was whe he visited Donna in the Riverside hospital after giving birth to Daniel Gene. I was in the same hospital with a back injury.

s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home