My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

On his blindness

My neighbor in Sun City was a POW in WWll. His wife is nearly blind and last year she spent six weeks in Oregon at a guide dog training school. She was dismayed when at the end of the period she was denied a dog as her blindness was not severve enough to warrant the dog.
To empathize with her I shared with her John Milton's poem. I will share it now with you.

When I consider How my light is spent-John Milton, Sonnet 19

When I consider how my light is spent,
Ere half my days, in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent which is death to hide
Lodged within me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve my Maker, and present
My true account, lest He returning chide"Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?"
I fondly ask; but patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies "God doth not need
Either man's work or His gifts. Who best
Bear his mild yoke, they serve Him best. His state
is kingly:thousands at his bidding speed
And post o'er land and ocean without rest;
They also serve who only stand and wait."

The neighbor lady is now walking very well with her white cane . Yesterday she brought over a nice article for me. I would like to share it with you.

HORSE SENSE

Just up the road from my house is a field, with two
horses in it. From a distance, each looks like every other
horse. But if one stops the car, or is walking by, one
will notice something quite amazing.

Looking into the eyes of one horse will disclose that he
is blind, His owner has chosen not to have him put
down, but has made a good home for him. This alone is
Amazing.
Listening, one will hear the sound of a bell. Looking
around for the source of the sound, one will see that it
comes from a smaller horse in the field. Attached to
her bridle is a small bell. It lets her blind friend know
where she is so he can follow her.

As one stands and watches these two friends, one sees
how she is always checking on him, and that he will
listen for her bell and then slowly walk to where she is,
trustling that she will not lead him astray.

Like the owner of those two horses, God does not
throw us away because we are not perfect or
because we have problems or challenges.
He watches us and even brings others into our lives
to help us when we are in need.

Sometimes we are the blind horses being guided by
God and those who he places in our lives. Other times
we are the guide horse, helping others see God.

Good friends are like stars......You don't always see
them, but you know they are always there.
Author unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home