My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Thursday, November 08, 2007

NANCY'S MUSIC HALL-PEORIA-songs we sung

Will The Circle Be Unbroken Melody - Melody -
-
I was standing by my windowOn a cold and cloudy day,When I saw the hearse come rollin'For to take my mother away.
Chorus:Will the circle be unbroken?By and by Lord, by and by,There's a better home a-waitin'In the sky Lord, in the sky. 2. I told the undertaker,"Undertaker, please drive slow,For this body you are haulin'Lord, I hate to see her go."Chorus:
3. Well I followed close behind her,Tried to hold up and be brave,But I could not hide my sorrowWhen they laid her in the graveChorus:
4. I went back home, my home was lonesome,missed my mother she was gone.All my brothers and sisters cryingin our home so sad and alone.Chorus:
5. We sang the songs of childhood,hymns of faith that made us strong,Ones that our mother had taught us,hear the angels sing alongChorus:
6. One by one the seats were empty,One by one they went away,Now my family, they are parted,Will they meet again someday?Chorus:


Some 31 participants wowed the audience with their renditions of the all time favorite gospel and western and folk songs. Nancy pays the bills and we get the thrills.

Some of the voices that we used to cherish are still, Hillary and others, but at Nancy's I'm sure that "The Circle will not be unbroken."

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

The name Hillary reminds me of a bearded man who was a good dancer and also an entertainer. Could we be talking about the same guy? I hope that I can convince Dick to attend a fun-filled evening of listening to music in many of its forms, featuring the players at Nancy's Music Hall. Will you be taking the stage to sing, play an instrument, be the emcee?

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home