My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Friday, January 11, 2008

The hostest with the mostest


O who will walk a mile with me
Along life's merry way?
Who dares to laugh out loud and free,

And let her frolic fancy play,
Like a happy child through flowers gay
that fills the field and fringe the way
Where she walks a mile with me,

And who will walk a mile with me
Along life's weary way?
A friend whose heart has eyes to see
The stars shine out o' er the darkening lea,
And the quiet rest at the end of day,
A friend who knows and dares to say,
The brave sweet words that cheer the way
Where she walks a mile with me.

With such a comrade, such a friend,
I fain would walk till journey's end,
Through summer sunshine,winter rain,
And then farewell, we shall meet again!

Ann Baker,who is a baker-gave a beutiful rendition of this poem at the last party that we were able to give our beloved friend, Connie.

Ann added,"We will walk with you , Connie

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

I don't believe I knew Connie, but she must have been a very special and lucky lady to have friends such as you, Ann, and the rest of the guests at her party. Btw, you and Ann look absolutely great.

Bernie

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home