My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I left my torch in San Francisco

"Oh what a web we weave, when first we practice to decieve-"but after a while we get a little better."
First, the truth and then some tall tales!!
This is an actual torch carried by a friend on Central avenue in 2002 enroute to Salt Lake. It was in his office the next day and I had my picture taken then.

Now, what should I tell my friends?

I held the torch while the runner went to the bathroom?

I proclaimed, "I upped my torch-up yours?

Unlike San Francisco, there was no violent protests because I took a route through Sun City after 9 pm and all the sidewalks were already rolled.

I am not a presidential candidate-If nominated I will not run, if elected, I will not serve-I will not go to China but I will go to El Mirage if travel conditions allow-

Kipling wrote:

"God gave all men all earth to love,
But since man's heart is small-
Ordained for each one spot should prove
Beloved over all.
Each to his own choice and I rejoice
The lot has fallen to me
In a fair ground- a fair ground-
Yea, Sussex by the sea"

Sun City is my lot and I rejoice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr^2 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Glenn Rye said...

Nice pose. A man of your grace, stature and social standing was the perfect choice to be a torch bearer, or is it barer!!!!

Bernie

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home