My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Friday, March 13, 2009

Allis Chalmers-wc

When I was teaching school in Minnesota I had two tractors like this one to pull the hay balers that I operated during the summer months. I first had two John Deere wire tire balers but later had more effiecient New Holland balers. twine tie instead of wire.
I had about 2o acres around a old Great Northern railroad stock yard and water reservoir where I kept ewes and a nice quarter horse.
The students at school couldn't belong to the 4-H club unless they had a project so I signed 12 individual bank loans for students that wanted to belong and I provided a site for their projects,usually a ewe. The banker would sit down with each student and tell them of their responsibily on these $4.00 loans.

I also visited a hatchery one day and they were about ready to drown about 500 domestic ducks that they had so the let me have the works for $5,oo
I didn't make any money on them but many of the people town had a nice thanksgiving as I was teaching in far away Tucson, Arizona

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home