My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Saturday, July 07, 2007

The morning paper


These are the songs we sung-
Jimmy Brown the Newsboy
This quaintly sentimental song becaome popular some thiry years ago throung the Carter Family recordings. i.e. 1930's
"I sell the morning paper, sir,
My name is Jimmy Brown.
Everybody knows that I'm
A news boy of the town.
You can heqar me yelling', "Morning
Star'!
Running along the street.
Got no hat upon my head,
No shoes upon my feet.
Never mind, sir how I look,
Don't look at me and frown.
I sell the morning paper, sir,
My name is Jimmy Brown.
I'm awful cold and hungry, sir,
My clothes is mighty thin.
I wander 'bout from place to place.
My daily bread to win.
My father died a drunkard, sir,
I hear my mother say.
I am helping mother, sir,
As I journey on my way.
My mother always tell me sir,
Nothing in the world to do.
I'll get a place in heaven, sir
To sell the gospel news.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

The lyrics are touching
And filled with warmth

The animals are fetching
And send feelings forth

The days are recalling
And brimming with truth

Ann

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home