My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

TOM JOAD- By Woody Guthrie


The last verses of Tom Joad song and his dedication to lifting the burden of the oppressed.
"Tom Joad ran back where his Mamma
was asleep
And he woke her up out of bed.
And he kissed goodbye to the Mother
that he loved
And he said what preacher Casey said.
Everybody might be just one big soul
Well it looks that way to me,
So everywhere you look in th' day
or th' night
That's where I'm gonna be, Ma,
That's where I'm going to be.
Wherever little kids are hungry and cry,
Wherever people ain't free,
Wherever men are fightin' for their rights
That's where I'm going to be, Ma,
That's where I'm gong to be."

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

Keep the family pictures coming, and the clever poems you manage to find to fit the occsaion.

Your beautiful children must be providing you with happy memories beyond compare

Ann

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home