My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Monday, August 20, 2007

Not Pikes Peak

I seem to be to young for this to be Greg and I at our house near Estes Park in the Big Thompson Canyon. in the 70's. Maybe it's Dan or Randy and I at Lake Arrowhead in California in the 60's.
Anyway, I like America so well that I published it 3 times on Saturday. Actually, I didn't know what I was doing and it didn't seem to come up on my blog so I did it again and again.

Last month when I was in Colorado Springs I drove by the prestigious College where Bates was teaching when she wrote this beautiful song.

But did you know that Pike's Peak was named by Lt. Zebulon Pike probalby in the 1860 or so or maybe earlier but there was so much snow that winter that the closest he got was about 70 miles or so ,so he named it from somewhere near Pueblo, Colorado.

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

What do you mean by saying you looked too young in the picture??? No one can believe you celebrated your 80th birthday last year.

What is your secret? I know! You found the Fountain of Youth.

Ann

9:56 AM  
Blogger Glenn Rye said...

We must agree with Ann. You couldn't possibly be 80 years old. The words Glenn and old do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, or on the same page.

Dick & Bernie

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home