My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Monday, April 14, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

Last Monday evening Dan took me to the ballgame. The D-Backs defeated the Dodgers and on Saturday Dan took me and my high school classmate,Ken Berghorst, to lunch at the Greekfest and then gave us the tickets to the D-Back Rockies game. It was an exciting game ending in victory for the D-Backs.
We didn't sweep the Rockies this time but two out of three is not bad

The song take me out to the ball game was written in 1908 by a gentleman who never went to a game. He saw an add for a polo ball on the streetcar and was inspired to write the song. Now, you know the rest of the story

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

Funny you should mention Greekfest! Dick and I were cruising Camelback Rd recently, and wanted to stop at Greekfest, but we were on our way to an appointment, so had to bypass it.

We are happy to see the D-Backs in action again. Last year's remaining team members have matured, and the opportunities are endless for the finest team in the land.

"Take Me Out To The Ballgame" is a catchy tune. Four gals dressed in baseball jersys, and wearing baseball caps played it at a recent Piano Club meeting. It was a delight to hear eight hands on two pianos.



Bernie

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home