My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Prelude to a birthday-dan's-3

Katy and Cinimin bid me goodbye as we hook up to our 27 foot Terry camper which had this inscription on the back bumper.-THE RAMBLING RYE'S OF RIVERSIDE-
We camp overinght near the river at Needles-it was hot'.We traveled to Tucson where we camped in the parking lot of Our Saviour's Lutheran Church where Donna and I were members when I taught in Roskrudge Junior High School.
We attended sevices at the church and it was the first time that I heard the hymn."The Stranger of Galilee" While we lunched in Flagstaff, a mother with three small children went by chewing them out every way but up and we all chuckled. We found shelter in Sante Fe at the police station parking lot as we endured a great hail storm. When your in a camper you really realize what a hail storm is. We camped in the drive of my college roomate, Robert Exon, who at the time was a pharmacist at the Va Hospital in Witchita, Kansas. Greg took seriously ill and was hospitalised for a day or so. Donna caught his agony early on and we rushed him to the hospital. Our destination was Minnesota where we visited my Mother and staying in her drive as well as with the Helgeson's on the farm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home