My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Levity-by royalty yet!


We traveled fromCalifornia many summers to spend time with farm friendly cousins and relatives. Our children coming from afar were treated like royalty. Pictured here are Angela, Randy and Dan with cousin,Emily Helgeson.

The question is, did our children always act like royalty? I know there were stories of jumping in the hay loft and swinging merrily from the ropes.I know that South Dakota was known for as powerful fireworks as those from Mexico. I know that we as parents who would be condemmed as unworthy today for letting the chhildren fire off fireworks in GrandmaRye's back yard, blowing tin cans high in the air. We have that evidence captured on movie film. I only have one direct source of information to verify these goings on. I picked that up from Helen Rye last summer in Renner. Ramona confided in me that she had heard rumors of these goings on. But royalty? I was shocked, yes, shocked to my very inner being. How come I was the last to know?
It is alleged that several of the cousins acting in unison would place large firecrackers in fresh cow pies, lighting them at the same time and then running like hell!

Little man so spick and span
Where were you
when the hit the fan?

Royalty indeed!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home