My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Summer and friends

Summer and some of her classmates were recognized for their contributions to the world of poetry so I would like to share some of the traditional ones that I love.



SONGS of Innocence
1789
The Author & Printer W Blake
IntroductionPiping down the valleys wildPiping songs of pleasant gleeOn a cloud I saw a child.And he laughing said to me.Pipe a song about a Lamb:So I piped with merry chear,Piper pipe that song again --So I piped, he wept to hear.Drop thy pipe thy happy pipeSing thy songs of happy chear,So I sung the same againWhile he wept with joy to hear.Piper sit thee down and writeIn a book that all may read --So he vanish'd from my sight,And I pluck'd a hollow reed.And I made a rural pen,And I stain'd the water clear,And I wrote my happy songsEvery child may joy to hear.

Lamb Little Lamb who made theeDost thou know who made theeGave thee life & bid thee feed,By the stream & o'er the mead;Gave thee clothing of delight,Softest clothing wooly bright;Gave thee such a tender voice,Making all the vales rejoice:Little Lamb who made theeDost thou know who made theeLittle Lamb I'll tell thee,Little Lamb I'll tell thee;He is called by thy name,For he calls himself a Lamb:He is meek & he is mild,He became a little child:I a child & thou a lamb,We are called by his name.Little Lamb God bless thee,Little Lamb God bless thee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home