My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's all about me!


On February 9, 1927, I was born into the family of Gullik Nelson Rye and Emma Thompson Rye
the first born of our family was Norman, who died in infancy.Then came Opal. She was followed by the twins, Glenn and Garfield.They lived about 6 months. Next came my brother,Norris;then came Eldora;then came me;then came Beverly;then came Raymond and then came the baby of our family,Vivian louise.Vivian, Raymond and I are the surviving members of the family
I venture to guess that this photo was taken when I was five or six years old.
I also venture to speculate that when you see pictures of Randy, Dan or Greg at this age you can see the resemblence. This could also be said about grandsons, Court and Sam.It remains to be seen about Benjamin.
This will be the last year in the 70's for I am turning 79 tommorrow.

I have limited time to be at this computer that allows me to bring up pictures, so I will continue the saga of my life on the other computer that I have access to interject photos as the plot thickens.

My ability to use this blog and the photos herein are directly traced to the skill, compassion and caring of Randy's son, Court, my illustrious grandson,who will graduate this year of the University of Colorado at Boulder where his sister, My Granddaughter , is enrolled as a freshman.Two of our sons, Randy Lee and Daniel Gene are also CU graduates.

Much of the theme of my blog is taken from a selection posted earlier on this site from a letter from a civil war soldier and the line I feel most strongly about is this line--

"I, am, among all men,most richly blessed."

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

What a good looking lad you were!

Ann Onymous

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home