My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Let in the Clowns


It was turkey day parade in Worthngton,Mn., the turkey capital of the world. At this time, some high school kids had straws with which they blew little candies through like a blow gun. I wanted Angela and Tam to be in the parade but felt that if students pelted me they also would suffer.
Tam's harness was made by a harness maker who was still in business in 1957. A chrome kitchen chair was used with 2 bike forks on each end into which broom sticks were inserted.
Many times in my life I have played the clown but this was the most memorable of all.
One year, my nephew, Roger Nelson,(Now aDVM in Mankato, Mn.) led Tam in the parade.He was 7 or 8 and he saw some relatives along the way and was busy waving to them and didn't notice that the float in front of him had stopped and he walked right into it.He chuckles when he recalls that day so long ago. Roger and his family, Barbara,Ryan and Todd are close to my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home