My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Lost Dutchman Mine


Will wonders never cease.I was able to retrieve the correct picuture. But hereby hangs a tale.
Ramona was in Phoenix for a trauma workshop at Maricopa County Trauma center. I lined up to take her for German food at the Haus Murphy in Glendale because on Friday nights they have an accordian player to entertain the people. I have taken Brigid,Dan and Summer there as well as Randy and Ellen. Randy wowed them because he knew the lyrics to all to the songs.
Well, we I made reservations I was informed that there was no entertainment in the summer so Ramoma was not able to share that experience.
So we shared that tale with Randy when we were back in Loveland and Randy suggested that we make it up for Ramona by going to the Bohemian Cottage nestled along the river in the Big
Thompson (my Mother's maiden name) Canyon.The owners are Henry and Lucy Lambert from Munich and their address is 8039W.Highway 34, Loveland,Co. 80537 and their phone number is (970)667-3718.
We told the modest and charming Lucy our sad tale about the entertainment. We finally got her to admit that her husband played some instruments. After a charming dinner Henry came out with a mouth organ and a guitar. We were the onlyl customers and they were the only staff.
We sang songs from "This land is your land" to O christmas tree in German. They were awesome.
They then said that they had visited Apache Junction and visited the Tortilla Flats establishment where they were able to sing.
Lucy then told us about the Lost Dutchman mine story.
Randy then remembered that the children had use our buggy as a Hallowen prop in 1968 wherein the children sat in the buggy and gave out treats to the visitors.
Pictured here are Angela and Greg and the Lost Dutchman mine sign is in the foreground.
The children probalby knew of it in Riverside, California because the first year of our mariage Donna and I lived in Tucson where I taught school.
I have been waiting for this picture so I could make a copy of it and share it with our new friends,Lucy and Henry, in the Big Thompson Canyon.
Auf wiedersein my schones fraulien.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

Who is that masked woman with her pardner? Angela, of course with Greg! Clever setting!

You forgot to tell me that you speak German. I had just started to study the language before moving here. Only one month of classes, but it was wonderful.

Auf wiedersein mein herr!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home