My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Our first Christmas in California


The year is 1958 and Daniel is 6 months old. we were renting a home for $85 a month and as we looked for a home to buy, the realtor, James V Johnson, offered me a job if I purchased a home from him. We did. The address was 10010 Hedrick in Arlington. I used my VA loan and we paid $100 dollars down and got to live in the home for 3 months until closing for $45 a month.The home cost $12500. We had 3 bedrooms and 1&3/4 baths. I didn't dare to tell the folks back home about the baths because some of them didn't have indoor plumbing.
We put in a dichondria lawn and a make shift fence and in less that 6 months someone came along who did'nt want to put in a lawn and the paid us $3000 down and took over my VA loan .We had 2 days to move. Please note the love and care with which the are dressed by their loving Mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home