My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Be it ever so humble-Rye farm, Hills,Minnesota

Thomas Hood wrote as follows:
"I remember, I remember,
The house where I was born,
The little window where the sun
Came peeping in at morn:
He never came a wink too soon,
Nor brought too long a day;
But now, I often wish the night
Has borne my breath away.
I remember, I remember,
The fir trees dark and high;
I used to think their slender tops
Were close against the sky:
It was a childish ignorance,
But now 'tis little joy
To know I'm farther off from heaven
Then when I was a boy"
Verses three and four were omitted

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

To me, humble means comfort and happiness. Your "Country House" reminds me of my grandparents' home. My family and I lived next door to them until I was 9. I climbed the huge old tree in the front yard, played in a small stream that ran between our houses, and managed to eat at least one meal a day with grandma and grandpa. They had a cow named Bessie, many chickens, and at least one cat. The garden seemed to take up acres. There were fruit trees, and a grape arbor. Grandpa loved making (and sipping) wine.

Ann

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home