My Photo
Name:
Location: Sun City, Arizona, United States

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Police chases

Yesterday, I had lunch with my son, Dan, at the Greekfeast at 20th st. and Camelback. We get together there once a week or so and it is a wonderful treat for me.
After lunch I drove North on 16th avenue and at 12th ave a truck with a large plastic water container on it turned in front of me unto Bethany Home road.
The tire on the right front wheel was gone and he was driving on the rim and I wondered if it would be usable when he got to a station. He was weaving in and out of traffic and disappeared out of sight when I looked in the mirror and saw police lights flashing so I pulled over to the right as did the other vehicles but as both lanes were full of cars the police cars passed on the incoming traffic lane and their was at least a dozen of them and they turned left on 7th street and I resumed my journey. I thought that something big was going down. Later, I stopped at the Glendale library and saw on the internet that two helicopters had gone down near the VA hospital.When I got home I turned on the TV and saw the video of the truck being chased and low and behold it was the truck that had turned in front of me and was runnning on the rim.
He then abandoned this truck and hijacked another and barrricade himself in a home in west Phoneix. He was taken into custody. Five helicopters were filming the chase and two of them didn't make it.
There is no need for the public to view these innane chases and four families payed dearly for this footage.
I was watching the Diamond Back game on TV on Thursday evening and a guy ran across the field followed by three security officers. We only saw a flash of the action and the cameras focused on the players waiting for the clearance to resume the game. The announcers kept talking about the game and the wierdo didn't get any face time except from those in the stadium. I believe that that was responsible use of the cameras.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Rye said...

What an experience! It's a relief to know that you and/or your car were not injured. Too close for comfort, in my opinion. Be safe!

An aside: The latest info from Fran is that Diane is in Chile with her daughter.

Also, what is Mandy's last name?

Bernie

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home